The Reserve Power Sales Manager will have primary responsibility for our utility product line and all sales functions for the Canadian Provinces.
This position is responsible for both sales development and maintenance of customers across the Critical Power industry. Primary product lines for UPS, Utilities, Energy Storage in scope. Focused customers include OEM's, VAR's and selective End-Users.
The position is remote and location is flexible.
Education, Experience, Certifications
- Achieving annual, quarterly and monthly sales and profit targets.
- Understand customer requirements and develop solution selling approach
- Support the development of strategic planning process
- Managed assigned projects and product development
- Deliver category management approach to key customers
- Prospecting for new accounts, and determination of growth opportunities with existing accounts.
- CRM Pipeline Management and Call Reporting
- Customer service and problem resolution
- Trade show coordination and participation
- Maintaining adequate customer program knowledge
- Obtaining and communicating competitive intelligence from the marketplace
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Critical Power, Network Power, Reserve Power sales, business development.
- Strong network of Value-Added Resellers (VAR), agent partners and end-user contacts.
- OEM experience preferred
- Engineering Bachelor's Degree with experience in Sales, Marketing or related field
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and training ability
- Proven track record in growing sales and acquiring new customers
- Possesses high attention to detail, prioritization, time management, and organizational skills with a positive, goal-oriented attitude
- Excellent relationship builder, negotiator, influencer, networker, and motivator
- Ability to operate with integrity while being competitive and wanting to win
- Self-starter committed to team and company objectives
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge:
- Key Account and Strategic Account Management experience.
- Strategic selling skills, effective negotiation skills, and commitment to customers required.
- Strong product knowledge and/or ability to learn.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Participates in meetings.
- A high level of business acumen and the quantitative/analytical capacity to understand complex sales processes.
- Problem Solver - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Interpersonal Skills - Listens to others attentively; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Maintains confidentiality; Maintains relationships with others.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. To effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, clients, customers.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Collaborative work style, one that solicits ideas and shares information to develop creative solutions.
- Resourcefulness and creativity. Integrity, team orientation, ability to adapt to culture and desire to overachieve.