The Sales Director will have primary responsibility for focused product line and channel customer activity that are typically national in scope. This position is responsible for both acquisition and maintenance of customers across the Critical Power business. Primary product lines for UPS, Telecom, Utilities, Renewables in scope. Primary channels include OEM, VAR and selective End-Users. Expectation for consistent incremental growth and achievement of key targets.
The position is remote and location is flexible.
- Achieving annual, quarterly and monthly sales and profit targets.
- Understand customer requirements and develop solution selling approach
- Support the development of strategic planning process
- Managed assigned projects and product development
- Deliver category management approach to key customers
- Training of customers’ personnel regarding battery sales techniques, technical information and programs
- Prospecting for new accounts, and determination of growth opportunities with existing accounts.
- CRM Pipeline Management and Call Reporting
- Customer service and problem resolution
- Trade show coordination and participation
- Maintaining adequate customer program knowledge
- Budget planning and execution
- Interfacing with other sales leaders for coordination of programs
- Obtaining and communicating competitive intelligence from the marketplace
- Managing other members of sales team
- Additional assignments as required
Education, Experience, Certifications
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in Critical, Network, Reserve Power sales.
- Strong network of Value-Added Resellers (VAR), agent partners and end-user contacts.
- OEM experience (such as Schneider, Vertiv, Eaton, MEPPI, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing or related field
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and training ability
- Proven track record in growing sales and acquiring new customers
- Possesses high attention to detail, prioritization, time management, and organizational skills with a positive, goal-oriented attitude
- Excellent relationship builder, negotiator, influencer, networker, and motivator
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge
- Ability to operate with integrity while being competitive and wanting to win
- Self-starter committed to team and company objectives
- Prior product knowledge experience a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the Internet
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid U.S. Passport preferred (occasional overseas travel may be required)
- Key Account and Strategic Account Management experience.
- Understanding of Category Management principles and proven track record of implementation.
- Strategic selling skills, effective negotiation skills, and commitment to customers required.
- Strong product knowledge and/or ability to learn.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Participates in meetings.
- A high level of business acumen and the quantitative/analytical capacity to understand complex sales processes.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Ability to work a spreadsheet for fundamental calculations; discounts, interest, proportions and percentages.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Interpersonal Skills - Listens to others attentively; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Maintains confidentiality; Maintains relationships with others.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. To effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, clients, customers.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Collaborative work style, one that solicits ideas and shares information to develop creative solutions.
- Resourcefulness and creativity. Integrity, team orientation, ability to adapt to culture and desire to overachieve.