1. Contact all customers and potential new customers as assigned in accordance with the Marketing Plan.
2. Maintain a high visibility and develop ongoing relationships with customers. Extreme importance is placed on maintaining a frequent call/contact plan in accordance with the Sales Plan.
3. Assist in planning the Annual Sales and Marketing Business Plan for each account as assigned
4. Make product presentations, consisting of new product introductions and review present offering to existing and potential new customers
5. Monitor quality problems reported by assigned customers, to include issuing formal complaints and expediting action to resolve problems, thereafter follow-up with the affected customer in writing, and ensure credits are issued at the earliest date possible under Company guidelines
6. Maintain records and files necessary for the proper management of customers assigned and in accordance with overall sales policy
· Customer contacts, pricing, bank stocks, tooling requests, quotes, etc., all to be confirmed in writing immediately
· Review sales by customer, by product in units and dollars annually and adjusted quarterly and reviewed with the Vice President Sales and Marketing
· Submit documentation and justification for all customer credits
· Place sample orders, expedite shipment and thereafter follow-up with customers
7. Report and conclude all problems relating to the product and/or service, working with the appropriate function, i.e., QC, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Scheduling, Accounting, etc.
8. Acquire and report all marketing information in the various areas, i.e., customers, competitors, vendors, etc., and other reports as required
9. Prepare Call Reports within five days of return trip
10. Prepare Expense Reports within ten days of return trip
11. Control sales expenses
12. All other duties as may be assigned
AUTHORITY: The above position has limited authority to negotiate contracts, however, authority beyond those limits may be granted with prior permission from the Vice President Sales and Marketing and/or the President.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
The above position shall accomplish the following:
1. Maintain market share in accordance with annual plans
2. Produce additional sales with existing customers and generate new customers as planned
3. Follow-up with all customers and internal departments to assure “the very best” for all assigned customers and company
4. Expected means of follow-up requires returning phone calls promptly and making the assigned customers your #1 priority
5. Submit all records and reports “on-time”
6. Ensure inventory levels and bank stocks authorized by customers are at proper operating levels to avoid obsolete product being held by the Company
7. Changes in this description may be made at any time at the option of the Vice President Sales and Marketing with appropriate notice