Technical Marketing Director
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (include, but not limited to)
Responsible for identifying and engaging our OEM and enterprise customers, creating content for marketing collateral, developing a multi-channel marketing program to achieve annual sales budget, providing technical support for customer engagements regarding the technology and product solutions, and presenting technical marketing information to external audiences. Ideal candidate must have a BS/EE or equivalent technical experience with a minimum of 5 years experience working with OEM customers or enterprise customers. Knowledge of data center and telecom back-up power, lithium-ion batteries, AC/DC and DC/DC power conversion, rectifiers, battery charger technology, and IoT device management is high desirable.
Educational and Skill Requirements:
- Write and provide technical content for marketing literature, contributed articles, seminars, speaking abstracts, and customer testimonials.
- Develop and present technical papers at professional symposia, author technical articles for trade press, and present webinars for customer events.
- Provide the sales organization with ongoing training, background knowledge, and competitive information to ensure their comprehension of our customers working environment.
- Presentation of corporate and technical information to both public and private audiences.
- Qualification of incoming leads to ensure warm leads are passed onto the regional sales
- Tactical marketing communications and lead generation activities (seminars, direct mail, trade shows, social media, etc.)
- Develop and execute a plan to grow the sales pipeline and gain market share. Develop Go-To-Market strategy for OEM’s, distributers, and enterprise customers.
- Collect market research, sizing, and trend information. Provide and interpret market data to internal customers for utilization (i.e. business cases, sales targets, quotas, target customer segments, etc.)
- BS/EE or equivalent technical experience.
- Minimum of five years experience working with OEM manufacturers, data center operators, equipment distributers, and enterprise customers
- Prior experience in batteries, power management, power conversion, and charger technology is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in Technical Marketing and Product Management for equipment subsystems is highly desirable.
- Track record of successful marketing programs and product launches.
- Strong background in critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Ability to perform competitive research and interpret market research information.
- Experience in creating and presenting product or technical information to audiences.
- Prior experience working for both a large company and a start up is desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work closely with various company departments (Engineering, Sales) and senior executives.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Willingness to travel.