We have an opening on our team for an outstanding individual with expertise in ceramic research and manufacturing, who would be excited to work on breakthrough technology and thrives in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
In this role, you will be asked to lead process development activity with a primary focus on quality and yield. You will leverage your experience in ceramic manufacturing to accelerate scale-up activities across the organization. Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving process control and continuous improvement efforts
- Performing research and development using design-of-experiment methodology and statistical analysis to arrive at conclusive results
- Collaboration with team members to execute specific tasks and reach technical goals
- Iterating on results rapidly to accelerate the rate of learning
- Developing and maintaining operating procedures, and work instructions to ensure precise execution by supporting team members
- Effectively communicating your results and recommendations to the wider team
- Carrying out all responsibilities in accordance with all safety procedures
Experience and education
- PhD in ceramic science, physics, chemistry, or materials science and 10+ yrs proven experience in a related field OR an MS with 12+yrs experience OR a BS with 14+ yrs
- Specialist in ceramic materials and processing and have an intimate understanding of ceramic manufacturing.
- Prior experience leading a research/engineering team that has delivered breakthrough process improvements in the field of ceramic technology
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge of ceramic science and sintering, powder processing, thick film processing, or any closely related, industrially relevant, thermal processing method
- You have excellent project management skills and are highly organized and efficient in planning and execution.
- You have extensive experience in managing a team of engineers/scientists and have shown the ability to drive projects to completion
- You are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment and are capable of tackling technically ambitious projects
- You are a strong communicator and enjoy collaborating with colleagues to solve technical challenges
- Proficient in safe laboratory practices especially in handling powders, solvents, and chemicals
- May work with airtight isolation chambers and/or wear neoprene or vinyl gloves for 15-30% of the time
- May frequently reach above shoulder heights and below the waist
- May be required to use hand or power tools.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crawl, lift, push and extend arms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.