Minimum Qualifications -- Experience
- Respond to new customer inquiries by qualifying, evaluation, and entering into Salesforce.
- Organize and Manage responses to customer requests for information (RFIs) & quotation (RFQs)
- Organize and Manage responses about the integration & utilization of our products in the various markets
- Use physics-based models of battery systems to analyze customer use cases
- Operate within a cross functional team, understand the needs and requirements of internal stakeholders in addition to our external customers
- Support the analysis of customer use cases to support warranty estimates
- Contribute to a collective database of product requirements, and advise on product roadmap
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams including for comprehensive customer support
- Understand the testing required to verify and validate battery products at a high level
- Support the definition and allocation of requirements for systems engineering, firmware, hardware, test requirements and verification methods
- Gather and track market information on potential customer information and updates, competitor landscape, and regulations applicable to the business
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications – Education
- A minimum of 5 years overall engineering experience
- A minimum of 3 years of enterprise sales experience in the Electric Vehicle (EV) / Lithium-Ion (LI) / Renewable / Power Electronics industry in the commercial, institutional and/or industrial markets.
- Background in supporting a highly technical automotive-related manufacturing environment especially a Tier-1 supplier is highly preferred.
- Experience with Customer &/or Account management
- Strong understanding of mechanical, electrical, and thermal systems
- Excellent communication skills, with a team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work in a dynamic start-up environment where initiative and ownership is a must
- Excellent organizational skills, attention-to-detail, and multi-tasking capability
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Chemistry, Materials, or similar; Master’s degree preferred
Computer Skills and Required Software Experience
- Working knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to produce non-standard, creative products. Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Experience with using models of physical systems in general, MATLAB/Simulink preferred
The physical requirements described below are representative of those an employee must normally meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Sitting, standing, and walking.
- Lifting of objects up to 25 pounds, bending, and stooping.
- Additional hours and weekends as necessary.
- Keyboarding, typing.
- Ability to read effectively from a computer screen, sampling device and/or a paper copy.
- Ability to work multiple tasks in a stressful environment while maintaining a positive and pleasant manner with others.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends.