The Mixing/Coating Engineer is responsible for manufacturing process for the mixing and coating areas of our manufacturing facility. The hands-on individual will possess a good working knowledge of manufacturing processes used in the fabrication of Li-ion cell electrodes.
Candidate will be capable of working cross functionally with professionals and technicians.
The Mixing/Coating Engineer has responsibility and accountability for process development and day-today operation of the mixing and coating equipment, including:
• Leading continuous improvement activities in mixing and coating technology and expertise.
• Utilizing installed process equipment to optimize mixing and coating conditions and adjust operational conditions for large scale electrode mixing and coating operations.
• Sharing expertise across multiple functions and teams to leverage current knowledge into future product development.
• Work safely and in compliance with all regulations and quality systems.
• Develop standard operating procedures and safety procedures for process capabilities.
• Develop and maintain plant engineering and equipment specifications, process and instrument diagrams, process flow diagrams, material balances, and other key documented process knowledge for the process of mixing and coating.
• Safely performing operational adjustments, transfer of materials, process troubleshooting.
• Coordinating and executing equipment maintenance per manufacturer’s guidelines.
• Inspecting and adjusting process control equipment.
• Transferring and handling materials needed to operate equipment and produce product.
• Interfacing with computer systems to enter and retrieve data and analyze basic operational information.
• Keep current with the latest mixing/coating developments in the industry.
• BS Degree in Engineering or Chemistry required.
• 5 years of engineering experience required.
• 3 years related experience in mixing and/or coating manufacturing required
• Strong work ethic, highly accountable, and able to take ownership of operating equipment.
• Committed to environmental, health and safety requirements.
• Strong knowledge of various chemical mixer and coating machines, slurry rheology and slurry property optimization methods.
• Takes initiative and is able to work with little or no supervision.
• Effectively communicate with peers and leaders.
• Able to work in a clean room & low humidity environment.
• Strong data gathering and analysis skills. Understanding practical use of statistical tools. • Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Understanding of equipment operation (pumps, instruments, mixers, etc.).
• Proficient with chemical engineering calculations and their practical application.
• Good process troubleshooting ability.
• Basic understanding of applicable regulations (environmental, process safety, industrial hygiene).
• Basic understanding of lab analytical equipment and test methods.
• Excellent people skills and demonstrated ability to work on teams.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Flexible, with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to contribute in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Takes actions and displays behaviors that demonstrate ownership in the success of the company.
• Demonstrates primary focus on meeting both internal and external customer needs when identifying, prioritizing and accomplishing tasks.
• Works independently and overcomes obstacles to achieve results.
• Willingness to participate in teams to reach desired outcomes either as a team leader or team member.
• Builds safety, quality and compliance into all actions.
• Committed to continuous learning and self-improvement.
• Is a lifelong learner, willing to expand personal knowledge and responsibilities.