Our client is an energy storage technology company, located in San Jose, California, and they are working on a fundamental disruption in the field of energy storage. Seeking to change the paradigm in energy storage by developing a completely new class of electrical energy storage device.
They have an immediate opportunity for a Cathode Process Engineer to join our team to help drive electrode preparation activities to efficient sustain, improve methods and support development of new processing techniques to increase product performance and reliability. This position is part of the Senior Technical Leadership Group.
You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team and be accountable for aspects of electrode design. You will be the primary electrode technical contact with our component suppliers, pilot line, and manufacturing plant, as well as our internal team. You will be proficient in all technical aspects of the electrode designs and interaction with cell engineering and able to function proficiently in a dynamic environment.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Develop new cathode formulation for high energy density batteries
- Develop and validate new mixing and coating processes for new products and requirements with engineering data and technical analysis
- Design and execute experiments of cathode according to the requirement
- Communicate with vendors for cathode materials
- Conduct design feasibility analysis for new product
Experience and education
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or Materials Science, or closely related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar role
SKILLS & ABILITIES KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization; clearly and logically able to convey ideas and thought processes, both verbally and in writing
- Equally effective working independently and as part of a team
- Deep understanding of the latest XRD, SEM, FIB (Focused Ion Beam) instrumentation & material characterization techniques
- Strong understanding of safety and thermochemical measurements, testing, fabrication and process optimization
Knowledge and Experience in any of the following are a strong plus!
- Successfully leading the development of complex technical products for high volume production
- Experience with Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and Design for Manufacturability
- Comprehensive expertise in cell design and electrochemistry