The client is a well recognized, progressive technology company has an position in the engineering group. If you are intrigued by the EV industry and new technologies we are the place to be. We are a driven, forward thinking, state of the are development company looking for an individual contributor. We understanding that when the company succeeds, you succeed; we act as owners and take pride in the mission that fuels us. If you are interested in being on the cutting edge of technological advances for the future transportation industries, come join us.
Immediate opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer, Battery Management Systems to support the development of BMS (battery management systems) and subsystems for prototype and production vehicles.
- Develop electronic control boards for battery cell measurement and battery management for automotive applications
- Create test plans and document test results to verify hardware functions as desired
- Work with external semiconductor vendors to select appropriate hardware for design
- Perform DFMEA and FIT calculations to ensure designs properly mitigate unacceptable risk
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to ensure that overall system design meets all requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- 5 years developing high voltage electronic hardware for battery management systems
- Strong understanding of battery gauging algorithms and how hardware design decisions influence SOC and SOH accuracy
- Experience designing to a functional safety standard, knowledge of ISO 26262 preferred but not required
- Schematic Capture in a design program such as Altium Designer or equivalent
- PCB Layout preferred, or the ability to provide layout resource with appropriate guidance
- Experience working with external CMs to move designs from prototype to production
You must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.