The Battery Desinger - Senior Product Designer is responsible for designing core battery systems and components. The individual will be responsible for conducting preliminary, space-claim designs for marketing & customer proposals, as well as fully detailed, prototype and production designs, including 2D drawings, to be used for supplier, production, and tooling engineering teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops component and system designs for Battery packs, modules, thermal components, and enclosures that meet regulations, customer and internal requirements.
- Creation of detailed, production-intent 3D CAD, and 2D drawings.
- Works closely with product development & prototype/production manufacturing teams during design process.
- Supports CAE analysis.
- Interacts with Suppliers to ensure parts are to print.
- Supports all prototype system builds ensuring parts are on time.
- Participates in mechanical System DFMEAs.
- Participates in troubleshooting mechanical issues, DRBTRs, etc.
- Expands professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team growth by completing projects in a timely manner.
- Must be highly experienced in CAD software, SolidWorks preferred.
- ≥10 years of experience in automotive component design; structural, aesthetic, and battery systems.
- Effective communicator, capable of concisely presenting highly technical test data to internal and external customers, as well as effectively communicating with suppliers.
- Experienced with the handling of high voltage lithium-ion battery systems.
- Well versed in the product design process.
- Self-motivated problem solver.
- Detail oriented.
- Challenges the status quo and strives for continuous improvement.
- Abides by safety standards and protocols.