Our philosophy behind Prototyping is not just to make parts. It’s all about learning and evolution (to engineering, suppliers, production, customers).
This role supports manufacturing development activities in the initial development and production of new products to provide input, data, and learnings to these stakeholders.
This person will manage all controls aspects of machinery and equipment in order to meet customer requirements -- design, procure, build, and maintain prototype controls and equipment. Will integrate prototype assembly processes to traceability (MES) system. Assist with production startup and debug at our plant Mas needed. Assist with DFA/DFM reviews and help design/assemble tooling for the upcoming product builds.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead efforts regarding application of machine code throughout the plant
- Lead troubleshooting of controls issues on machinery and equipment
- Track and maintain all PLC/Controls codes
- Lead efforts to upgrade and improve PLC controls and operations
- Support bar code systems throughout the plant
- Support MES and Sequel Server Database
- Ensure ITM requirements are met
- Support process and machinery capability studies and equipment installations
- Support validation of all new and modified processes
- Assure compliance with ergonomic guidelines
- Participate when required in PFMEA and work instruction reviews
- Ensure that equipment meets all applicable industrial standards
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects (e.g. cost reduction, efficiency improvement)
- Lead controls specification development for machinery and equipment
- Support weekend work as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or controls engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of control engineering experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Working knowledge of PLC (Allen Bradley preferred), HMI’s, relays, contactors, servos, steppers, low voltage circuits, high voltage circuits, torque drivers, bar code systems, data base storage, vision systems, etc…
- Experience with quality management systems
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Experience with visual basic and bar code systems
- Working Experience with machine electrical cabinet layout and machine controls
- Team player
- TS 16949 and ISO 14001
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Rockwell, AutoCAD, Solidworks