|Responsibilities consist of providing technical support for products or services to targeted customers (existing and potential). The Application Engineer will be the primary point of contact for technical topics including: definition of system sizing using products based on customers’ requirements, collaboration with respective to commercial contact to develop and submit a proposal and provide technical guidance to ensure a successful award and product launch through close collaboration with engineering community. This role is the primary technical interface between customers and the organization.
- Demonstrates a very good understanding of the Li-ion market for Electric Vehicles, Buses, Commercial Trucks, Marine, and Grid.
- Understands and is sensitive to the competitive landscape, knows competitors’ strength and weaknesses, and can articulate and sell value proposition.
- Customer focused – able to balance the voice of the customer with the voice of the business.
- Assures major customer programs are delivered on time to committed delivery dates.
- Provide support to Product Marketing to develop, update and maintain technical marketing material for brochures and other marketing materials.
- Facilitates customer implementation of product change notifications (PCNs)
- Capable of converting customer requirements and challenges into solutions.
- Capable of sizing battery systems for given voltage, amperage, energy, temperature and other major specifications.
- Working knowledge of different battery chemistries and value propositions associated with each.
- Able to competently and confidently represent at technical conferences, shows and technical seminars.
- Interface with customer to capture application technical requirements and communicate technical requirements of products
- Create customer compliance matrix
- Support Customer Service to track and initiate software deliverables and schedule commissioning events
- Primary point of contact for customer for project status
- Support internal project team meetings providing significant and in-depth participation
- B.S. degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering (or related field)
- Additional Business degree a plus
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Business to Business sales in Technical Area
- Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant responsibility
- Li-ion battery experience a plus
- Willing to travel up to 30% of time
- Working knowledge of CRM
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Prominent organization and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly energetic and self-starter
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Should be honest, assertive and systematic
- Demonstrates being a good team player