The Regional Sales Manager (South-Central) will support our growing battery business in Reserve Power - DC lead-acid and NiCad batteries for back-up power applications including Utility switchgear and relay system batteries, engine start and UPS batteries.
This position is responsible for directing all sales efforts within the territory. You will be accountable for development, implementation and continuous improvement on a comprehensive business plan with a focus on end-user and OEM sales direct and through Agents and Value-Added Resellers.
We’re looking for a hungry, driven sales person to take charge of the territory including development of our distribution network along with focusing on development of larger projects at targeted distribution facilities developed as part of the business plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow business through focus on End-Users, OEM’s and working together with VAR’s and Manufacturer’s Rep’s in assigned sales region
- Develop and implement a program to identify and develop new customers.
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations; Answer questions related to Company products; Actively listen to determine product and/or service needs; Clarify requirements and technical specifications; Propose best solution for customer’s needs. Actively participate in the development of price structures, strategies and tactics with the Director of Sales and others. Ability to communicate and influence, credibly and effectively, at all levels within an organization.
- Maintain regular customer contact to build strong relationships, monitor customer satisfaction, and determine future needs. Compile and consistently update a list of prospective customers. Use all available resources including but not limited to the Internet, industry and business directories, industry publications, trade journals and industry conference registration lists.
- Utilize and maintain the company CRM system, documenting all sales contacts, call reports, sales call itineraries, sales activity calendar, sales data and sales forecasts.
- Provide technical support to customers and participate in customer meetings to exchange technical information and/or recommend products/solutions. Respond to and resolve customer complaints within scope of expertise and authority. As needed, contact others for assistance or direction.
- Must be able to effectively work with other sales team members to ensure collaboration across territorially boundaries, particularly at national accounts
- Monitor internal order progress through manufacturing, delivery within the required or quoted time and invoicing. In conjunction with the Customer Service Department and team members, promptly contact the customer to clearly communicate changes related to orders. Take a proactive approach to resolving any potential issues with customer orders.
- Regularly collect and analyze data and market intelligence from all relevant sources to remain current on market trends and conditions. Keep Company management informed of new/changed opportunities, the competitive environment and the activities of competing organizations.
- Attend industry conferences and trade shows and participate in other activities to contact existing and prospective customers and to develop new business opportunities.
- Prepare and submit timely budgets, sales forecasts, sales activity reports and other required sales reports. Actively participate in the company budget process to provide requested data and market information.
- Manage, monitor, and evaluate the performance of existing authorized distributor/dealer representatives; Coach, direct, performance manage and assist as required.
- Maintain a self-improvement program through conferences, seminars, courses and readings to continue to develop expertise in Reserve Power and Sales in general.
Bachelor's Degree (preferred) – Business, Engineering, Marketing, or a similar major.
Minimum 5 to 10 years sales experience ( minimum 6 years in the battery industry)
Successful track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
Travel required – 60% to 75%
Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia